Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Creamed Rice

I first made this for my baby but it's definitely a dish for the entire family, so delicious!! The photo doesn't do it justice unfortunately but there is no way of getting a decent photo of food in a baby bowl ;)

1/2 cup rice
1/2 cup water
4 cups milk (1 litre)
1/4 cup sugar (I use caster or white)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine rice and water in a saucepan and bring to boil. Gradually add the milk and sugar and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking on the base of the saucepan. Add more milk if rice has thickened too much. Add the vanilla and additional sugar if required.

Result - So yummy that it's one spoon for baby, one spoon for Mummy! Very easy to make, I just have it going while I'm cooking dinner or in the kitchen feeding bubs. I do find it takes slightly longer, perhaps 35 minutes. If you're cooking for a large family then I suggest doubling the recipe and even if you have leftovers, cold creamed rice is just as good.





Source - www.bestrecipes.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment