Saturday, June 26, 2010

Giant Cupcake

I just wanted to reassure you all that I haven't abandoned you! I have been very busy with my son's birthday and his party this weekend so haven't had time to test any recipes. In the meantime, I thought I'd post up a photo of Evan's birthday cake that I made for him earlier this week.



I used a recipe that I've posted up on this website previously, originally I made it as cupcakes but this time I made it in a giant cupcake tin and baked it for approximately 1 hour. If you ever decide to try something similar, just test the cake intermittently with a toothpick/skewer.

Link to Donna Hay Chocolate Buttermilk Cake mixture.

Results: A success again! Always a lovely moist cake and Evan certainly loved his first taste of cake so well worth the effort.

1 comment: