Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins

My good friend Julia, served these tasty treats for morning tea a week ago and after eating two on the spot and taking four home and only allowing my husband to eat one of them, I knew I needed to learn how to bake them myself!





2 cups plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup white choc bits
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g butter, melted, cooled slightly
1 cup frozen blueberries (or any type of frozen berry)

Preheat oven to 18 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.

Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and choc bits. In a large jug or bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter until well combined. Using a large metal spoon, stir mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Gently swirl frozen berries through mixture without over mixing.

Spoon mixture into muffin tray (makes 12 only) and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a toothpick. Stand in pans for 5 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Lightly dust with icing sugar to serve.

TIP - If you don't have buttermilk handy then you can make buttermilk by placing 1 tablespoon of white vinegar into a measuring jug and add enough milk (I suggest full cream) to bring liquid up to the 1 cup measurement. Let it stand for 5 minutes then use as needed.

Results: These are so delicious! The outside is slightly crunchy and the inside is so moist and yummy. Definitely one of my favourite recipes and SO easy to make. The first time I made them, they did go too brown on the outside but I believe my oven was too hot so the second time I ensured it was correct and they were perfect. 12 is the perfect amount as they are so good on the day you make them, you just have to eat as many as possible! Although husband assures me that a quick zap in the microwave on the following days works a treat. Thanks Jules!!!!

Source - Creative Gourmet via Ninemsn Recipe Finder (unofficially my friend Julia)

No comments:

Post a Comment