Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Zucchini Mini Muffins

I absolutely love zucchini slice...I grew up on it, I introduced my husband to it and I look forward to introducing my kids to it! In fact, I have been contemplating making it for Evan to see if he likes it and to give him something different for lunch. So when I came across a very similar recipe which makes mini muffins, I was curious to give it a go.




2 regular zucchinis grated (or 1 large)
1 small onion, finely sliced
3 bacon rashers, cubed
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease mini muffin trays.

Combine zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and flour in a bowl and stir to combine. In a small bowl or measuring jug, combine oil and eggs. Add the liquids to the dry mixture and mix until combined.

Spoon mixture into mini muffin trays and bake for approximately 15 minutes, test with a toothpick to check if cooked. Makes 24-36 mini muffins.

Results: Yum! These are nice, similar to zucchini slice but lacking seasoning however as the idea of the exercise was to provide food for my child, I deliberately didn't season the mixture. Evan likes them which is great, I've frozen some muffins to see how they defrost as I like cooking food for him that freezes and defrosts well, just saves some time on a day to day basis. The original recipe states that the mixture creates 48 mini muffins, unless they are the worlds smallest muffins then I completely disagree! I got 24 but could have made the second tray smaller and perhaps squeezed 30 out of it.

Source - Recipe adapted from Huggies website

No comments:

Post a Comment